1. There’s only one person responsible for your life – you.
2. It takes guts to be kind.
3. You can’t be distracted by comparison if you’re captivated by purpose.
4. A sunrise doesn’t define its glow by how it set the night before; you shouldn’t define yourself by yesterday either.
5. Blowing out someone else’s candle won’t make yours shine any brighter.
6. Whatever you focus on grows.
7. Where and how you choose to spend your time is telling – you will always make time for the things you value.
8. The best thing about the worst time of your life is that you get to see the true colours of everyone.
9. Not everyone is gold; some are simply gold-plated.
10. You gotta be a little savage.
11. Hostility towards unfamiliarity is true ignorance.
12. You aren’t owed shit; act accordingly.
13. Grief is the price of love – and it’s worth it.
14. Things may not always go to plan, and that might be the very best outcome.
15. Never judge someone by the opinion of others.
16. Nothing great can be achieved with selfish people.
17. Time heals nothing. It just replaces – or dims – memories.
18. Don’t harden up when someone mistreats you – being bitter is a waste of time, and a true disservice to yourself.
19. Feelings aren’t final – they’re fluid.
20. You leave pieces of yourself in everyone you’ve ever loved. That’s quite a responsibility.
21. You may not be able to control your situation, but you can always control your attitude towards it.
22. Collect moments, not things.
23. Never allow waiting to become a habit.
24. Don’t change parts of who you are, or what you do, or how you do it, to please someone else. Unless your aim is to be miserably unsatisfied.
25. When you stop caring about what other people think of you, you’ll find true freedom.
26. Where possible, skip the small talk. Everyone is deep, most are just afraid to dive.
27. The ‘little things’ are never really that little – they’re often the most important.
28. If you can only let go of three things, make them these: grudges, the past, and poisonous people.
29. You will never be able to escape your own heart – so listen to it.
30. Stress literally achieves nothing. Action fixes everything.
31. Worrying literally achieves nothing. Action fixes everything.
32. Pursue a life of meaning, and the happiness will come.
33. When in doubt, be extra.