The hardest year of my life has taught me a few things — who is there, and who really cares. How being strong is both a blessing and a curse. How grateful I am for the past adversity in my life, because it’s wired me differently. And probably saved me. How I am only just beginning. How young I really am. How special and rare it is to meet and make so many new friends at an age when most people’s circles get smaller, and, let’s be honest, often more boring.
Thank you, #TWENTYTWENTYWOO. I am at peace, and yet somehow on fire. Here’s to my next chapter: #TWENTYTWENTYFREE — it’s going to be my most undaunted, audacious, completely savage, terribly striking, utterly magical, slightly unhinged, unreservedly formidable year yet.
- Throw out the rule book — you can rewrite your story anytime.
- Match effort. Respond to energy.
- Sometimes being alone is an upgrade.
- Two things can be true at once.
- Your greatest loss might just be the biggest opportunity you ever have to become fully alive.
- Success is often seen as one big breakthrough, one major milestone. But the reality is success comes from the small, slow, tedious work of showing up for yourself and your dreams over and over and over again.
- Even in trauma, we can still find joy.
- We are all alone. That is not to say we must be lonely. Keep company. But you better like yourself. Because it’s all you’ve got.
- We are all flawed, but we are still worthy.
- Sometimes the fear doesn’t go away, so you have to do it afraid.
- Life is full of sudden goodbyes.
- The most courageous thing you can do is…what you want. This will make other people uncomfortable. They can get used to it or choke on it. Their call.
- We are all going to suffer. You decide whether you cling to it, or whether you heal from it.
- You know who’s going to give you everything? Yourself.
- Children learn what they live. Your actions and attitude will determine if they live well — the rest of the stuff we worry about is just noise.
- As you vibrate higher, as you level up, it may seem like your world is falling apart — but it’s falling into place. Don’t be surprised when those preventing progress are removed from your life.
- Spend the afternoon. You cannot take it with you.
- Many people will be drawn to your light but will fold at their inability to handle it. Take nothing personal.
- Romanticise your life. Even through the mess and uncertainty. Especially through the mess and uncertainty.
- Perspective and gratitude is all you need to live in the now. Practice both daily.
- It all works out in the end.
- The woman who’s hustling cannot understand the woman who’s hating. We don’t speak the same language. This year, I’ve come to understand my hustle offends some. Good. I hope my hustle offends the shit of out you. I hope my stamina frightens you (it should, you could never). I hope my sparkle burns your eyes. I have so much more for you to be mad at. Just wait.
One thought on “22 THINGS I LEARNED IN 2022…”