Two years ago, the dot points below became a part of a column I wrote for an online magazine. The column was published on my 25th birthday and I stumbled upon it tonight, on the dawn of my 27th birthday. Reading through the points, I realised that I still believe each and every one of them. And I thought you might like to read them too.
We can always learn something. Especially after reading something twice.
- Don’t ever go looking for love. It will always find you, especially when you least expect it.
- The universe has a fantastic way of getting back at you, or others, for wrong doings – it’s called karma and try as you might, you just can’t escape it.
- Keep dreaming. Keep striving. You’ll never be perfect. You’ll never have it all sorted. And if you did, what’d be the point? Remember it’s the journey, not the finish line.
- Money makes the world go around.
- You are who you surround yourself with. You can’t soar like an eagle if you’re surrounded by turkeys.
- A good cup of tea can cure nearly anything. The older you get, the more obvious this seems to become.
- Knowledge is power. Indeed it is. But passion is just as important.
- The only style and personality you can pull off is your own. Don’t try and adopt someone elses. It’ll never fit.
- There is always someone, or more than a few people, waiting in the wings for you to trip up. What great motivation to show them what you’re really made of.
- Try and be as positive as you can every day. Look for the good, in things and in people.
- Do things your way. It’s usually the right way.
- Live like you mean it. Every single day. Live like you mean it.