- You cannot limit your life – by standards, ideals, beliefs and superstition. Life is there to be lived, so live.
- For some people, there is no such thing as enough.
- Occasionally, the grass is greener on the other side.
- Sometimes the people in life that have known you the longest, actually know you the least.
- The best things you can collect in life are not books, or shoes, or CDs – they are friends.
- You always have a choice. It will surprise you how easy it is to make some of them.
- Success has different definitions for different people. No one is an arbiter of success.
- Being positive is a great deal more challenging than being negative, but it is far more rewarding.
- Don’t do anything in life for anyone with the intention of seeking praise or thanks. Most of the time, you will not get it. And then you will moan and howl about all that you did for them and why you were never praised or thanked. And at the end of it all, nothing will have changed. So either don’t do things for people, or accept that when you do, there’s every chance you will not be shown any gratitude.
- John Lennon once said, “We are all Christ and we are all Hitler.” They may be extremes but the truth is there is good and bad in everyone. People are capable of the virtuous and the reprehensible. Most usually hover somewhere between.
- Acting like a victim will ensure that you become one.
- “This, too, shall pass,” is the kindest reminder. Because it always does.
Read the first A Few Things I’ve Learned…
One thought on “A Few Things I’ve Learned, Continued…”
[…] Never stop believing in yourself. Never. You can read other things I’ve learned here and here. GA_googleAddAttr("AdOpt", "1"); GA_googleAddAttr("Origin", "other"); […]